Saturday, 10 March 2012
JOB VACANCY: Retail Assistant (Permanent)
IMMEDIATE START. The role reports directly to the Head of Customer Relationships & Communications and is available on a permanent basis. Evening and weekend work will be required, mainly during the cricket season.
Job Title: Retail Assistant (Permanent)
Location: Headingley Carnegie Cricket Ground
Hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, as required on Yorkshire CCC and International match days
Salary: £10k - £12k depending on experience
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is the most successful cricket club in the English county game is currently looking for a Retail Assistant to join their busy Customer Relationships function. Primary role will be to support the Ticket & Membership Office and the Club Shop in sales of merchandise, tickets and memberships.
The role reports directly to the Head of Customer Relationships & Communications and is available on a permanent basis. Evening and weekend work will be required, mainly during the cricket season.
- Supporting the Club Shop Manager on match days and non-match days in stock management, customer service and sales
- Supporting the Ticket & Membership Office on match days and non-match days in customer service and ticket/membership sales
- Carrying out administrative duties using systems and processes relevant to the organisation
- Assisting with mailings to members and ticket purchasers
- Use of IT packages including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and ticketing software (Venuemaster)
- Attend most match days and cover both functions on a rota basis
- Supporting other members of the Customer Relationships & Communications function as required from time to time at the request of your line manager
- Be passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Able to communicate at all levels with other members of staff, suppliers and customers
- Be able to work as part of a team but have the ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Experience in customer service and/or retail sales would be ideal
- Experience of Venuemaster would be preferable but not essential
- Smartly presented at all times
To apply, email a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Retail Assistant’ in the subject line. Closing date for all applications is close of business on Friday 23rd March.
The position requires an immediate start.