Monday, 16 July 2012
NEWS: Enjoy Cricket 2012
Following the success of the Enjoy Cricket initiative over the last 14 years, The Yorkshire County Cricket Club Charitable Youth Trust and YCCC are again making facilities available at various centres throughout the county on selected dates throughout the summer for young children interested in cricket. The 2012 programme starts very soon so please read all of the information below and download the poster for details of your nearest session.
1) These sessions aim to give the beginner an opportunity to learn how to play the game.
2) In particular, the sessions will give cricketing opportunity to those who attend schools which do not provide their own facilities.
3) The sessions will also offer an opportunity for those who are not themselves members of a school cricket team and who have limited opportunities to partake in practical games sessions.
4) Should there be any uncertainty regarding the weather or playing conditions, please contact the co-ordinator for each Centre, whose name and telephone number appear on the poster and can be found by clicking here.
Those who take part should arrive in their kit - tracksuit or cricket whites or sports gear etc. JEANS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. Whilst some cricket equipment may be available, those of you who have your own equipment should bring it along with you.
The Director at each Centre will devise his/her own programme with the emphasis on fun, activity and enjoyment, with everybody joining in. Formal coaching will not be part of the sessions.
The Enjoy Cricket sessions are open to all children, boys and girls. "Enjoy Cricket” is part of the Sir Leonard Hutton Foundation's endeavours to promote cricket throughout the region.
To help with the costs of printing the publicity material, those who attend will be charged £1.00 per day.
So, if you would like to have a go, look for the dates and times of the Centre nearest to you (see file entitled 'Enjoy Cricket Summer Schedule 2012' at the right of this page under 'Related Content') and simply go along on the days mentioned at the times stated. Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time so that your names and addresses can be recorded. This is to allow the Yorkshire CCC to write to all who attend with information about the County Club's Junior Membership Scheme, the Yorkshire Tykes.
1)The Coordinator of each Centre, whose name and telephone number are mentioned on the posters
2) Craig Milner, the Enjoy Cricket Coordinator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org