Monday, 30 January 2012
Yorkshire Pride Lottery Draw - Week 15 (30/01/12)
The draw for Week 15 of the Yorkshire Pride Lottery took place at Lottery HQ on Kirkstall Lane on the 30th of January 2012. We used set of balls number 65 and the machine chose was 'The French Inhaler'.
Good morning everyone. I trust you all had pleasant weekends. Alas, the 'Jackpot War' that was predicted a couple of weeks ago would seem to be in full swing. We'll have to see what Falkie and Peter Stanton's respective totals are at the end of the year. Please do remember that they spend a huge amount of money every week on their multiple 'Corporate' memberships so don't be too disheartened!
Ok, let's have a look who's on the lucky list this week. Hello to Mr. Duncan on the Isle of Man. He's our only Manx member so I hope you won't begrudge him a slice of good fortune, after all, he does have to make a fairly expensive trip to Headingley! Well done also to Dave Robinson from the Royal Shepherd in Skipton. Some of you may have seen the story on the website about the pub's landlady leaving last weekend. They've been exceptionally loyal supporters of the YPL over the years and I hope many of the members will remain.....even if they have to find somewhere else to drink!
In office news, David Ryder is rather full of himself today. I think this is mainly due to him receiving a call-up to play 5-a-side football tomorrow evening. The last time he laced-up his footie boots Huddersfield Town had just won their 3rd First Division title. If 'Chopper' is even 20% as violent as he was in his heyday I predict a steady stream of ambulances heading to the LGI down the Kirkstall Road at roughly 8:30pm. The 2012 'Let's Kick Football Out Of Football' campaign will be well and truly up and running/hobbling.
Ahem, attention please:
£250 ROLLOVER JACKPOT
- MR. SIMON FALK of ROUNDHAY wins a stonking £500!! Many congratulations Simon. Next week's jackpot fund is £250.
- MR. ANTHONY LEE of HECKMONDWIKE
- MR. P. L. DUNCAN of GLEN VINE, ISLE OF MAN
- B. C. SUMNER of SHEFFIELD
- DAVE ROBINSON c/o THE ROYAL SHEPHERD, SKIPTON
- DAVID HARDMAN of THURNSCOE
- MISS J. STAINHOPE of LEEDS
- MRS. ROSEMARY MIDGLEY of ILKLEY
- MISS L. DUGGAN c/o THE RED LION, GUISELEY
- COLIN BURNETT c/o SUDDABYS, MALTON
- MR. TREVOR HOLBERY of DONCASTER
- MR. G. M. ACKROYD of MIDGLEY
- MR. MICHAEL BENNETT of WOMBWELL
- MR. THOMAS BRAMMER of SHEFFIELD
Many thanks to you all for your continued support. It is greatly appreciated. I must admit that I'm seriously considering buying a 'Corporate' membership of my own!
Day 2, 2nd Investec Test close
England v New Zealand
England 1st Innings
337 for 7 (94 overs)
Root 104 (Maiden Test century) Bairstow 64