Monday, 28 February 2011
Yorkshire Pride Lottery Draw - Week 19 (25/2/11)
The draw for Week 19 of the Yorkshire Pride Lottery took place at Lottery HQ on Kirkstall Lane on the 25th of February 2011. We used set of balls number 12 and the machine chosen was 'Neverending BDTBL Woe'.
Good morning everyone. It actually feels like spring is on the way....well, it LOOKS like it is at any rate. It's hard to tell in our climate-controlled pod in the base of the pavilion. David Ryder arrived today wearing his Bermuda shorts and clutching a Pina Colada so nothing really changes in here.
Did you all watch our World Cup match against India? Well done to both Tim and Ajmal for guiding us to a tie. Well done also to all of the lads over in the West Indies. Jonny B racked-up a good score the other day. Unfortunately he fell just short of a ton but we're sure it won't be long before he's churning out 3 figures with alarming regularity.
We've got some serious out-of-towners hogging the cash this week. Messrs Seymour and McPherson have done well to fend off the challenge of our corporate behemoths Falk and Stanton. More power to them! I might send John Blain up to hand deliver Mr. McP's cheque. He swears blind that he's some kind of celebrity in Scotland. If this is in fact true I imagine it would have more to do with drunkenly assaulting the Princes Street piper than anything he ever managed on the cricket pitch! Only kidding Blainy you massive beauty!
Ok, here goes:
£250 ROLLOVER JACKPOT
- No jackpot winner this week. Next week's jackpot is a thumping £2,750....and I could really do with winning it!
- MR. B. SEYMOUR of AMERSHAM
- MR. MICHAEL FENTON of DONCASTER
- MR. SIMON MCPHERSON of EDINBURGH
- MR. TERENCE HYDE of MORLEY
- MR. P. TATTERTON of KEIGHLEY
- MR. SIMON FALK of LEEDS
- SALLY LEONARD of MIDDLESBROUGH
- J. CROWTHER of WOMBWELL
- PETER SOUTHCROFT of HARROGATE
- FRANK SNOWDEN of KEIGHLEY
- M. G. CRAWFORD of WETHERBY
- MR. B. KENNY of KIRK DEIGHTON
- ANDREW WATSON of GLASSHOUGHTON
- MRS. H. M. CHAFFER of YEADON
Thanks to you all for your support. The regulars at the Royal Shepherd in Skipton got very excited last week when I mentioned them in this section and promised me free Guinness for life* if I did it regularly. YOU SHOULD ALL DRINK AT THE ROYAL SHEPHERD IN SKIPTON EVERY SINGLE DAY YOU'RE ON THIS EARTH. IT IS A WONDERFUL PUB.
* - May actually only be a single pint of Guinness.
Day 2, 2nd Investec Test close
England v New Zealand
England 1st Innings
337 for 7 (94 overs)
Root 104 (Maiden Test century) Bairstow 64