The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the most successful clubs in the world and undergoing the most challenging period in its 158-year history. Under new leadership, the Club is committed to learning from the past and recognises the significant change required to make Yorkshire County Cricket Club a place for everyone. This starts with the appointment of a Coaching team to support and enhance the development of our senior teams and age group players to achieve their potential and provide players for both Yorkshire and England.
We are now looking for a Head of Science and Medicine / Lead Men’s Physiotherapist, reporting to the Managing Director of Cricket, and based at Headingley Stadium in Leeds, UK.
In this role you will:
- Lead the Men’s and Women’s Science & Medicine teams to best prepare players for performance and to maximise player availability within a safe and supportive environment.
- Lead Physiotherapy provision and support to the Men’s Professional and Academy squads, and Pathway programme players.
- Lead on the delivery of the annual review in the ECB’s Cricket S&M Audit and communicate key findings and actions to the Managing Director of Cricket.
- Liaise with the ECB’s S&M team regarding support and management for centrally contracted England players, and current and potential England international squad and pathway programme players at the Club.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club welcomes applications from all backgrounds in its commitment to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in enabling the club to set a new bar, making sure that the Club is an inclusive home for aspiring players of the future.
To apply for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
• Current member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) and registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• Minimum of three years’ post-graduate experience in the provision of physiotherapy services
• Advanced Life Support and Emergency Care/Trauma Management training within past two years (needs to be in place prior to starting role)
• Full UK Driving Licence
• DBS check
• Experience working with elite athletes/teams including touring with high performance squads
• A postgraduate qualification specialising in Sports Physiotherapy/Sports and Exercise Medicine/Sports Rehabilitation
To be successful in the role you will be able to motivate and influence a diverse range of individuals through your excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, with a positive customer orientated attitude and approach. It is your initiative, focus and drive that will help you to not only be successful in the role, to but to have a positive influence throughout the Club and beyond